INNOVATIVE LOW IMPACT MATERIALS
Apparel has to cover many activities with different fabric properties required, depending on the situation. Unfortunately there is no magic bullet fabric as yet so we try to offer a range that we believe has the lowest impact on the environment but also is durable and fit for purpose.
We use high quality recycled materials for sportswear and athleisure due to its strength, stretch, lightweight feel and moisture wicking properties.
- Uses recovered Ocean waste plastics and post consumer plastic bottles, reducing the amount of plastic that ends up in landfill, waterways and the Ocean.
- Significantly less water, carbon footprint, and energy is used in making recycled polyester versus new fibres
- Antiviral and antimicrobial treatments can be applied
- We prioritize materials that are Global Recycled Standard (GRS). This applies to tracing the full supply chain and addresses traceability, environmental principles, social requirements, chemical content and labeling
We also use high quality natural and organic materials where possible. As this offers a sustainable and regenerative solution. They are great for everyday wear as they are comfortable, durable, and breathable.
- Grown without harmful chemicals, that damage the people growing it, wearing it and the land
- Uses far less water and energy than regular cotton
- More durable than regular cotton
- We prioritise Global Organic Standard Textile Standard (GOTS) certified products. This means that the organic content is traced and ensures it is processed socially and sustainably.
- Alternative certification is Organic Content Standard (OCS)
- Fast growing plant
- Low usage of water compared to cotton
- No chemical pesticides or fertilisers
- High yield and soil health
- Zero waste
- Antibacterial and anti-fungal
- Usually blended with cotton therefore we prioritise that its certified organic.